Home What's New at Quai Du Vin Estate Winery
Saturday, August 15th, 2020 - Winemaker's Dinner
Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 - Wine, Brew and Barbeque SOLD OUT
For more information, check out our Event Calendar.
These are crazy times we are living in. Like all of you, we at Quai du Vin have been trying to keep up with all the latest guidelines and rules around being with others through the pandemic. We have been waiting for signs, indications, curves-flattening, restrictions easing, all the things… holding out hope that the Summer Sounds Delicious concert season could still happen.
Alas, it just isn’t realistically possible… Sorry…
For the first time in almost 30 Years – there will be no Summer Sounds Delicious Concert Series.
Behind the scenes around the winery, we delayed this announcement for several reasons:
• We were waiting for some clear timelines from our Governments on what was allowed/prohibited.
• Our summer events season actually starts in late-May, and there are several private events that we were working with the hosts to re-book (tackling things chronologically) and
• We needed to have a plan in place to ensure an orderly and smooth refund for everyone who had purchased tickets for the concerts, once we announced.
The Quai du Vin team had several (appropriate socially distant) meetings to try and re-tool the concerts. We explored chalk marking the whole lawn to create distance, a delivered drinks service, no central dance floor, and greatly reducing the number of tickets available. In the end, every ‘band-aid’ solution ignored one fundamental truth – these changes weren’t in the spirit of what made these concerts sold-out must-attend events.
We have received wonderful words of encouragement and support from many of our ticket holders. We thank you all for your support, and patience over this period.
So, what now?
• The decision was consciously made to CANCEL the series, and not POSTPONE until 2021. This means that everyone is having their tickets refunded. There is no option to hold tickets for next year. We will start planning 2021 with a clean slate.
• If you ordered your tickets through TicketScene you are receiving a full refund. Working with the wonderful folks at TicketScene, Quai du Vin has made arrangements to personally reimburse your processing fee. You are getting ALL of your money back!
o This refund will take effect on or about June 1, 2020.
o If you have any issues with these refunds – please contact Ticketscene directly.
• If you purchased tickets in our retail store, you will need to make arrangements with us to claim your full refund (see guidelines below):
o We have the names of everyone who purchased tickets, and the number of tickets purchased. This means we do not necessarily require a receipt to reimburse you.
o We require the physical tickets to be returned to us for the refund. The number of tickets you return must match your original order.
o Returned tickets, without a receipt, will be paid out on a debit card, or as a gift certificate (your choice).
o Refunds to a credit card will only be made with the original receipt.
o The returned tickets’ value can be used (in part or whole) as store credit at the time of the refund.
o No refunds will be issued as E-transfer, cash, or cheque.
o Tickets (and Seasons Passes) will only be refunded up to 5pm Saturday July 11, 2020.
Summer Sounds Delicious will return in 2021